New residential development in Dutch Kills has brought a myriad of educational opportunities to our doorstep.
The Baccalaureate School For Global Education, offering the most prestigious Baccalaureate degree in the world, and The Frank Sinatra School for The Performing Arts, a sterling performance arts school, are located in our Long Island City community.
Dutch Kills is home to three Charter Schools and a number of high schools that offer career path choices such as criminal justice and TV, movie production. Each city public school in Dutch Kills is Barrier-Free.
The following schools are located within the Dutch Kills community:
- PS 112Q
- PS 166Q
- IS 204
- Frank Sinatra School for the Arts
- Newcomers High School (Specialized for newly-arrived immigrant students)
- Academy of American Studies
- Academy for Careers in Television and Film
- Baccalaureate School for Global Education
- Our Worlds Neighborhood Charter School
- Academy for new Americans
- Evangel Christian School
- Queensbridge Day Care Center
- Growing up Green Charter School
Schools located in Dutch Kills offer a number of programs in all levels for gifted students. Our schools offer Special Education programs and several are designed to accommodate disabled students.
Location, Location, Location
As a major New York City transportation hub, Dutch Kills offers students easy access to a wide choice of schools offering specialized educational opportunities, including the Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology (near LaGuardia Airport), Aviation High School and Stuyvesant High School.