Dutch Kills is conveniently located within walking distance of some of Queens’ best – and safest parklands and city playgrounds.
The Dutch Kills Civic Association adopted "Dutch Kills Park" in 1985 under the New York City "Adopt-A-Park" program.
The park is fully illuminated and features Day/Night:
- Handball Courts
- Basketball Courts
- Softball Field
- Roller Hockey Range
- Children’s Wading Pool
- Infant, Toddler Playground (with swings!)
Dutch Kills is home of the Astoria Indoor Batting Range – one of Queens’ largest indoor batting facilities – is located within Dutch Kills. The batting range boasts facilities for baseball, softball and paddleball.
Dutch Kills is located within walking distance of Rainey Park and is minutes away from Astoria Park, which boasts:
- The second-largest swimming pool in New York State
- Olympic-sized swimming pool – the 1965 Olympic trials were held here!
- Track and Running paths
- Tennis Courts
- "On The Waterfront" Picnic Grounds
Astoria Park is also host to the annual Independence Day Concert and Fireworks Spectacular presented each July 4th holiday by the Central Astoria Local Development Coalition (CALDC)
Dutch Kills is a short distance from:
- Athens Square Park
- Flushing Meadows-Corona Park
- CITIField (Home of the New York Mets)
Dutch Kills also boasts:
- A multiplex movie theater
- The Museum of the Moving Image
- An authentic Beer Garden
- Arrow Park – a dedicated green space featuring a vegetable garden and toddler/youth play space.